16 Jun 2015

CPE

WORD FORMATION

It is quite common in a Cambridge Exam to find an exercice similar to that one.

You have to form a word with the words given which fits in the spaces or gaps given.

Let's go for it.

The board was coming under intense 1)..PRESSURE................ to take action, there seeming to be (2)...IRRECONCILABLE........... differences between the two sides in the dispute.

The figures the board had were so at (3)..VARIANCE.......................... with what the workers submitted etc.

WORDS GIVEN 1) PRESS 2) RECONCILE 3) VARY
 SOLUTIONS: PRESSURE, IRRECONCILABLE, VARIANCE

 KEY WORD TRANSFORMATION
 In my view you are responsible for our losses. (hold)
I.............................lost.
answer: I hold you responsible for what we have lost




WORD FORMATION CPE

1.- It's almost a year since I stopped smoking.
up
I gave up smoking a year ago.

Nobody has had sight of the boat for two days.
last
The boat was last seen two days ago.

Immediately we finish this, we'll join you .
minute
We'll ...join you the minute we have  finished this.

Bergkampt's goal is the most extraordinary I've ever seen.
yet.
I've.....yet to see such  an  extraordinary goal as Bergkamp's.










No comments:

Post a Comment